Kim and me

Kim and me

Monday, January 10, 2011

More blogs submitted and making good progress on the Ireland story

Two more blogs accepted by Deseret Connect for the Mormon Times. One telling about our experience last September in Ghent, Belgium and Gravensteen Castle. The other telling about Keukenhof Gardens in the Netherlands last April. Hopefully they will be published soon and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that other stories will make the pring edition of Deseret News.

Didn't accomplish very much on The Eye of Magog for about 3 weeks. Now for the last two days I've found myself back in the nich. 52,000 words right now and 90 pages complete. I'm guessing, and I don't know why this happens, that it will be finished around 75,000 words like the first three novels. I really, really like this story.

I'm thinking about writing a non fiction book about the feelings fathers go through when they find themselves divorced. Its something I underestimated and I think the father's voice needs to be heard. This book would be written using a different name and would go into detail about what has happened to me but nobody will ever know it is me. My kids, ex wife, present wife, will all be protected. I'm thinking about approaching Deseret Book about this and seeing if they are interested before I start.

Working now at the terminal, A section. Its been a long time since I've worked on live airplanes with flight crews and passengers waiting. Little bit of anxiety goes with it.

I guess thats enough for now. I hope people are enjoying Whispers from the Past. I've only had good feedback from friends and co workers which makes me happy and motivates me to do more. I also hope the article in the Deseret News was enjoyed by those who read it. I actually got invited to go on a safari in Kenya by the art director of Hogle Zoo and a lady in Samoa emailed me and told me I need to travel to her country. Does this qualify as fan mail?

No comments:

Post a Comment