Kim and me

Kim and me

Friday, October 5, 2012

Kim and I had the opportunity to visit Denmark last week for a few wonderful days. I can't express how much I love to travel with my wife and my kids when given this opportunity. Even though American Airlines is struggling, and generally ticking me off as a company, I do appreciate the benefits we take advantage of.

Copenhagen was so cool; literally. We escaped the 90's of Texas and enjoyed the 50's of Denmark. We even enjoyed the rain that soaked us a couple of times.

The Danish people were wonderful and surprisingly literate in English. In fact, several times while speaking with them I got the impression I was talking to someone from the states. There was hardly any accent detected.

The country is beautiful. We enjoyed seeing Fredericksborg Castle as well as Kronberg Castle which is known as Hamlet's castle. We loved entering the queen's chamber at Fredericksborg and seeing Danish paintings of Christ that Mormons have in their library and often times hanging in church hallways and temples.

Not only did we see the paintings but we also saw the original Christus statue by a Danish artist in a church in Copenhagen. For those not from Salt Lake City, the Christus is our statue of Christ that is in the Salt Lake City temple square visitor center.

We saw the Little Mermaid sculpure in the bay as well as Hans Christian Anderson's statue in the heart of Copenhagen by city hall. Of course, Hans Christian authored the story of the Little mermaid.

We saw many interesting buildings and artwork; some of the artwork in the outdoor parks. We saw Danish people riding bikes everywhere. We even enjoyed our cookie cutter room in the Copenhagen Star Hotel. BTW- they even provided a fire alarm for us to participate in.














I recommend Denmark to everyone. Beautiful country and wonderul people.

No comments:

Post a Comment