Kim and me

Kim and me

Friday, June 10, 2011

I love airplanes, writing, and my family.

It's been a while since I've posted, hopefully I won't forget anything I have to say.

Tomorrow morning, hopefully, I'll get my father's day present. We are going to to go fly on a World War II C-47 in Fort Worth. Basically, it's the same air frame as a DC-3 but was utilized heavily during the war. Anyone who watched the HBO special, 'Band of Brothers' would recognize it as the plane Easy Company jumped out of on D day and other jumps that were made.

It's not the bomber I want to fly on the most, but it will be fun and no where near as expensive. I'll take lots of pictures and post them on my blog as well as facebook.

'The Inca Prophecy' is soooo close to being published, I can taste it! The book itself is ready to print but I'm waiting for editing on the first two chapters of 'The Kiwi Conspiracy' to add at the end so people can see what the next story is about.

I can't wait to see it in print. I've had several people ask me when it will be ready. My friend Hector told me his daughter is reading 'Whispers from the Past' a second time and is awaiting anxiously the next installment. I hope it doesn't disappoint.

I've had a total of 8 travel articles published in either the Deseret News or the Mormon Times. I have 3 more submitted but haven't seen them in print yet. I'm really grateful for the opportunity to write about the trips I've had the opportunity to take. I hope I'll be able to continue to contribute.

Kim, Logan, and I went to the Cavanaugh Flight Museum today in Addison Texas. I took Connor to the same museum three weeks ago. In addition to seeing the regular planes, we got to see Ol' 927 again. This is the B-24 I'm hoping to volunteer on that is owned by the Commemorative Air Force. It was suppose to be flying now but after an annual inspection, they found vibration in the number 1 engine and it will probably be a month before they are able to fly it again. I want to work on it sooooo bad. Only two of them flying in the world and such a huge part of history. It was the B-24 that the national poster girl, Rosie the Rivetor, was created. Over 18,000 were built and a great deal of the work was performed by women who were left when their husbands went to war. I'm so proud to be American. I'm so proud my father was in the Navy during World War II. I'm so excited to have the opportunity to work on, or fly on, any Warbird.

Thank you to my wife Kim. She has worked so hard helping me get my stories ready for publishing. Her advice has proven invaluable. She's pretty cute to boot. Not only has she done marvelous things with my writing, but she also loves aviation and supports my love of flying, working on planes, and teaching me about helicopters.


Good bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment