Kim and me

Kim and me

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Ride in History

It took 5 days longer than I had hoped, but was well worth the 45 minutes of flight.

Last Thursday, Kim, Logan, and I flew on the Southern Cross; A World War II era C-47. We took off from Meacham Field 630pm and flew around Fort Worth and then Arlington before returning to the airport.

The Plane yawed and dropped the entire way from the time the big soft tires left the ground to the time the plane landed. We were allowed to walk around the old fuselage and take pictures of both the inside and out. It was absolutely the funnest plane ride I've ever experienced, and the shortest too.

Here are a few of the pictures I took, which are limited because of the one time the plane yawed and the camera was dropped and broken; my wife is very sorry.





I can't wait to fly on my next warbird ride which I'm hoping will be later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment