Kim and me

Kim and me

Friday, March 22, 2013

During the 1980's I had a real interest in guns. At that point I'd owned a .22 Winchester model 190 that my father gave me for Christmas when I was about twelve or thirteen. After my mission I became pretty good friends with my Bishop, who was a hunter, and my best friend at the time was also a hunter. During the course of two years, I purchased 4 rifles and a couple of hand guns. 

When my first daughter started to walk, I sold my guns even though I had them locked away in a safe. The money that I got helped to put me through A&P school. I have not owned a gun since until two months ago when I purchased an inexpensive world war 2 Russian Mosin Nagant. Since then, I've purchased 3 other military surplus, world war 2 circa guns.

I have been told that if I'd had this interest when I met my wife, it would have been a deal breaker. 

Wondering now, what has gone wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment