Kim and me

Kim and me

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

This fantastic picture was taken during World War II in Elisabethville, France. Two things are going on in the picture of great importance. First, Sgt. James Weldon Mellody has just been captured by six German soldiers and is being marched through the town square to be questioned. He ended up spending almost a year in a prisoner of war camp in Poland. Second, Robert Mourand, a Frenchman, is saluting the captured American who had just parachuted into a tree after his B-26. This picture is the basis of my next book; one I've been working on for 4 years up to this point. The good news is I'm half way through with my first re-write with the goal of having it ready by the end of the year for my editor. I'm really stoked for this story and the opportunity for me to write it. Thank to James for letting me know about his grandfather's story and also thanks to Philippe for letting me know about his grandfather. Please check back often for more updates about this story and my other books, both written and still in my head.   Chris A Hale.

No comments:

Post a Comment