Kim and me

Kim and me

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Published in the Mormon Times online edition

It's been a while since posting and this is for good reason, I was waiting for today!

This morning my first travel blog was published in "The Mormon Times" online edition. It's the story about my daughter Amber and I traveling to Thailand to see the tigers of the Buddhist Tiger Temple. I hope you will all read and enjoy the blog because there are many more to follow.

Because of my job with American Airlines, I have the opportunity to travel a lot. I love the other cultures I've visited and have tried to express my admiration and interest by writing my novels. Now I have another voice with the newspaper and I'm going to take every advantage of it.

Thanks to my beautiful wife Kim. Her encouragement and support have been immense. I could not have done any of this without her. Her knowledge of the English language and her own creative writing ability is THE reason why I'm published and why I love to write. Thanks sweetheart.
http://www.mormontimes.com/article/19018/A-thrilling-visit-to-the-Buddhist-Tiger-Temple

3 comments:

  1. Hi Chris, this is great, congratulations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The temple may not be as wonderful as it seems. Here's another perspective http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDBv9v1UBY4

    I think that tigers are most magical when they are in the wild though, not at the end of a chain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, tigers, as well as any wild animal, is best in the wild. While in Thailand, we heard the rumors and stories of abuse but we didn't see anything. Not wanting to get into the politics, I wrote the article for the single purpose of describing our experience with the tigers. It was truly the coolest thing that ever happened to my daughter. I will give the monks the benefit of the doubt.

    ReplyDelete