Kim and me

Kim and me

Friday, November 26, 2010

Stoked about an opportunity

Big, big news! I've emailed the editor of a Salt Lake City newspaper about possibly reviewing "Whispers from the Past" and they are interested and a copy is in the mail. As if that isn't enough, the same editor wants to know if I'm interested in writing articles on travel for the online version of the paper. I'm stoked to say the least. I've spent some time looking for travel blogs that I could write and now this opportunity, or at least possibility, would be even better. :) I have a long way to go but I'm as qualified as anyone to write travel articles just because of the extensive amount of trips I've taken out of the country with my kids and wife Kim. I think the standing tally is 24 countries in the last eleven years. Keeping my fingers crossed that they like my book and hopefully a long standing relationship will be the result.

Big weekend in football. I have to say that I'm so for the University of Utah beating their rival BYU even though my beautiful daughter Amber is a Cougar. Good luck to the Utes and best wishes for making a good bowl game. Probably the Las Vegas Bowl since TCU will be going to a BCS game.

Still writing "The Eye of Magog" and thinking its pretty good. I know some things I'll need to change even before finishing the first copy. Thanks to the people who have read my stories and offered feedback to me, its proven very helpful.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment