Kim and me

Kim and me

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Mixed Emotions

I've been a huge University of Utah football fan for 26 years. I have to admit, when I was attending the U in the early to mid 80's I actually rooted for BYU, embarassing I know. When the cougs won the national championship in 84 I switched and became a devout die hard fan of the Utes. The change came because of BYU fans, they believed they were the best team in the country when in reality they were the only team to go undefeated...against inferior opponents. Washington was the best team in the country that year as well as several others being much better than BYU. The cougs won the Holiday Bowl to win the national championship against a Michigan team that came in 4th in the BIG10 that year. Anyway, to make a long story longer, It's all Utah now and has been since my misguided youth. I've been right there when they won two BCS bowls and also when they haven't done so well. Now, my middle daughter Amber, attends BYU as a freshman. I want to cheer when BYU starts out 2010 at 1-3 but I do feel bad for my daughter. No matter how the Cougs do, I hope Amber enjoys her time there and catches the spirit...oh yeah, and I hope the Utes cream them in November.....!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment