Kim and me

Kim and me

Saturday, October 16, 2010

New Orleans.....The Big Easy......The most Haunted Place in the world

I posted already about the Lalaurie Mansion and shared pictures of stuff I can't explain. Here is a little bit about the rest of our trip to New Orleans.







On Tuesday, we flew there. On Thursday, we flew home!  Oh yes, there was some stuff in between. For instance, we stayed in the Chateau Bourbon Hotel and are balcony looked down on Bourbon Street. Even though it wasn't Marti Gras....it was very noisy until 2 or 3 in the morning but it was fun anyway. The first night we even had a acapella gospel singer right below our window...actually had a good voice too. We not only went on a ghost tour the first night, but we ate at the Hard Rock Cafe, drove to the Laurie Plantation about an hour north of New Orleans up I-10. We went on a courtyard garden and history tour. We also did a lot of walking around to see things on our own. I do need to mention Kim had a crayfish omelet and I warned her I would not kiss her for two days after. I think she still has a leg trying to pry itself out between her lips even now. Good trip, lots of fun with my young bride. I do reflect back to several years ago when I first started taking my kids on trips that I took all three girls to New Orleans for the day. Wonderful city and its truly like visiting a foreign country. Unfortunately this will be our last trip for a while do to finances but I can't complain, we've had a wonderful year so far with traveling.....Amsterdam, Atlanta, San Antonio, Belgium and now Lousiana.....thank you Kim!

No comments:

Post a Comment